Coworking at BetaSpace
The BetaSpace is High Tech Rochester’s pilot coworking space in the heart of downtown Rochester. This 4,000 square foot space on the third floor of the Sibley Building is a pioneering initiative that will culminate in the completion of HTR’s downtown campus expansion in fall 2017.
To incubate at BetaSpace, businesses must be scalable technology companies with community-minded spirits. Individuals may also access the BetaSpace as a member and cowork there on a part-time basis. Community is one of the main benefits of coworking. Coworking offers a creative and collaborative environment where entrepreneurs share not only a physical space, but also ideas, advice, experience, and feedback.
HTR provides programming, expert mentoring, and networking that can greatly improve the odds of a startup company’s success.
HTR provides programs, seasoned entrepreneurs-in-residence, and shared services to help new ventures advance.
This includes the following:
- Access to Programs: Pre-seed workshop, Customer Discovery, The Entrepreneurs Network.
- Entrepreneurs-In-Residence (EIRs): regular meetings with advisors to set and achieve milestones
- Fundraising Assistance: grants, angel investors, and venture capital
- Monthly lunch and learns
- Monthly CEO round-table discussions
- Coaching, mentoring, and networking from HTR staff
- Office hours from local service providers such as lawyers, marketers, and accountants
- Access to HTR networking opportunities and events
HTR offers the following benefits to startup clients:
- Shared co-working space
- Designated work station
- Printer and copier
- Coffee and snacks
- Three designated breakout rooms
- High speed WiFi
- Acccess to all other Lennox TEC amenities
Director, Startup Community Development