Equity Financing for Small Business: Successfully Negotiating a Term Sheet
May 2 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 amFree
ABC’s Shark Tank has brought equity investing into our living rooms. But most viewers have no idea what the real process is to have to negotiate a percentage of your company’s ownership for a specific dollar valuation. This TEN program provides the rules of the road for startups who are seeking to fund a scalable venture with investors.
Rochester Angel Network is a group of area investors who put their own money into startups.
Come learn about RAN and their portfolio companies.
You will learn how to understand and structure your terms to make that journey a success by delving into topics like:
- What do terms mean and which terms will impact you most?
- What are best practices during negotiations?
- How to set yourself up for long-term wins?
- How to best manage relationships with investors?
- How should define “deal breakers” and when should you compromise?
The “Negotiating a Term Sheet” presentation will be led by Steve Gersz, with “color commentary” by entrepreneur Joel Benzel and investor Geoff Rosenberger who know both sides of the deal.