- This event has passed.
Veteran Business Workshop and Roundtable
May 5 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 amFree
Learn how veterans can best be equipped to organize new businesses in Monroe County.
Many veterans have gained essential skills and experience that they can leverage to create a business. But most are unaware of valuable local resources available to improve their odds of success. During the U.S. Small Business Administration’s annual National Small Business Week, The Entrepreneurs Network is partnering with Monroe County and others to provide guidance for vetrepreneurs, startups, and small businesses owners. In this multi-agency interactive event, veterans will learn:
- Business structure and financing know-how from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Entrepreneurship self-assessment and resources from The Entrepreneur Network.
- Information on contracting certifications from PTAC.
(Monroe County / Finger Lakes Procurement Technical Assistance Center)
- Available business incentives and programs from Monroe County Economic Development.
Veteran entrepreneurs will learn more about:
- Mandatory State and Federal Registrations
- NYS and U.S. Veterans Administration Certifications
- How to Market to the Government
- Buying Equipment
- Purchasing or Constructing a Building
- Job Training
- Business Basics – Marketing, Sales, and Financial Metrics
Most importantly, there will be a Lessons Learned roundtable discussion with local veteran-owned executives who want to share how they’ve beaten the odds.