Business Incubation and Residence at HTR
High Tech Rochester’s (HTR) business incubator supports early stage, growth driven startup companies through education, mentorship and shared resources. Startups at HTR join a dynamic and immersive community that helps them grow alongside peers in neighboring office and lab space.
HTR’s relatively short leases, shared overhead and competitive rates are available to local scalable technology companies. HTR clients also have access to a pool of resources tailored to help young firms. This support helps a new venture survive and grow during its startup period when it’s most vulnerable.
HTR provides programming, expert mentoring and networking that can greatly improve the odds of a start-up company’s success.
HTR provides programs, seasoned entrepreneurs-in-residence and shared services to help new ventures advance.
This includes the following:
- Access to Programs: Pre-seed workshop, Customer Discovery, The Entrepreneurs Network.
- Monthly lunch and learns
- Monthly CEO round-table discussions
- Coaching, mentoring, and networking from HTR staff
- Entrepreneurs-In-Residence (EIRs): regular meetings with advisors to set and achieve milestones
- Fundraising Assistance: grants, angel investors, and venture capital
- Office hours from local service providers such as lawyers, marketers, and accountants
- Participation in HTR workshops, networking, and events
- Access to market research reports
- Designer-In-Residence: hands-on support for prototyping and graphic design services
HTR offers the following benefits to startup clients:
- Shared co-working spaces
- Small, furnished executive offices
- Medium and large office suites – 900 sq ft – 4,000 sq ft
- Access to multiple conference rooms
- Multimedia Center: video conference equipment and seating for up to 50
- Color copiers and printers
- 1st Prototype Lab: 3D printers, laser cutters, and hand tools
- Professional building reception staff
- Opportunity for STARTUP-NY and Finger Lakes Hot Spot tax advantages
Director, Startup Community Development